Minecraft just got a whole lot more aggressive with the 1.9 Combat Update on PC.
Players will now be able to hold two items at the same time and use them independently. You can equip one of the new shields for instance, alongside a sword or axe. Or a weapon and a torch for better visibility during night fights.
There are now sweeping attacks for swords, and a cool down for attacks. If you swing wildly and constantly you’ll do less damage than timing a more accurate blow.
There’s also a bunch of different arrows added to the game, new sound effects and other changes. Check out all the big changes below.
- Added shields
- Attacking now has a “cool-down” delay, making it more important to time your attacks
- You can now hold items in both hands (default quick key to swap items is ‘F’)
- Swords have a special sweep attack
- Axes have a special crushing blow attack
- Added the elytra
- New mob: Shulker
- Expanded The End
- Added Chorus plants
- New Purpur blocks
- New End Rod block
- Added dragon head block
- Ender Dragon can be resummoned
- Added beetroot and beetroot soup (from MC:PE)
- Added grass path block
- Added igloos
- Armor protection values have been lowered
- Added tipped arrows
- Added spectral arrows
- Added Frost Walker enchantment and frosted ice block
- Added a whole bunch of new sound effects
- Added sound effect subtitles
- Brewing Stand now requires Blaze Powder to activate
- Added skeleton riders
- We believe we’ve fixed MC-10 and a whole bunch of other issues
- Removed Herobrine