As a show that centers on storybook characters in the modern-day world, it goes without saying that Once Upon a Time is overflowing with Halloween costume ideas. Why not put a new spin on those classic Disney characters this year? From the Charmings’ Enchanted Forest gear to Emma as the Dark One, here is everything you need to make your costume magical.
What to wear: A red leather jacket, jeans, and boots. Don’t forget your sheriff’s badge and sword to ward off mystical dragons.
How to act: Tough but vulnerable. And like you do not believe in fairy tales.
- What to wear: Don black from your head to your thigh-high stiletto boots. You’ll also need some white color hair spray to get that perfectly chilled look. Top it all off with some bright red lipstick, and you’re ready to cause some trouble.
- How to act: Like you’ve been overcome with darkness and you don’t know how to control it.
- What to wear: Leather everything: boots, pants, and trench coat. Wear a red vest and ring for a few pops of color. Don’t forget your handy hook and guyliner.
- How to act: Devilishly handsome, but still capable of being the good guy.
- What to wear: A collared shirt, jeans, and a black peacoat. Don’t forget your book of fairy tales.
- How to act: Try to convince everyone that they’re all fairy-tale characters.
- What to wear: You’ll need a long leather jacket with matching gloves, riding pants, and boots. Don’t forget your enchanted bow and arrow that always hits its mark.
- How to act: Completely innocent, but capable of causing some trouble.
- What to wear: Your outfit should be prince-like right to your slicked-back hair. Wear a velvet jacket and white long-sleeved shirt with black pants and boots. Don’t forget your trusty sword in case you need to be heroic.
- How to act: Charming, of course, and completely smitten with your one true love.
- What to wear: The most extravagant black dress you can find complete with a bedazzled matching headpiece. You may need some hair extensions to pull off this updo. Don’t forget your poisonous red apple.
- How to act: Like you’re the evilest of them all.
- What to wear: A puffy shirt with a matching vest, pants, and jacket. You’ll also need crocodile leather boots to tie the look together. Don’t forget to paint your face gold for effect.
- How to act: Tiptoe around and call everyone “dearie.” Try to make some deals.
- What to wear: A blue peasant dress with matching heels and a perfectly twisted updo. Don’t forget to carry around your favorite book.
- How to act: Offer people a warm smile while you softly hum “Beauty and the Beast.”